Friday, November 11, 2011

Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge - Sketch

Hey all! I made this card for one of my friend's birthday.  I decided to make it for the Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge this month as well.  This  month the challenge was to use a sketch that was featured in the magazine and at least 3 Cricut sketches.

Materials needed:
Assorted Papers
Pre-made Card Base
Glue
Pop-Up Sticker Squares
Embossing Powder (Zing - Metallic Teal) and Embossing Ink
Heat Embosser
Cricut Cuttlebug and D'vine Swirl Emboss Folder
"Happy Birthday" Stamp
Silver Ink
Pebbles Inc. Chalk
Cricut Cartridges: Jasmine (Rectangles), Sweet Treats (Cupcake), Circut Classic Font (Circles, Heart), Storybook (Inside)



I had a hard time choosing the papers for this one, but settled on these hoping that they wouldn't turn out looking too busy.


The very back paper is a pre-embossed paper form Bazzill Basics.  I chose to glue everything down instead of trying to "pop" the background items because I didn't want it to get too busy.


I used the heat embosser and Zing powder to emboss the top of the cupcake (essentially the "cherry") and the embossing folder to do the base.  After gluing all the pieces together I used to Pop-Up Stickers to attach it.


I used the embossing folder to emboss the red circle and chose to glue it backwards so that the embossing is going down instead of up.  I then glued all of the pieces on top of each other instead of using pop-up stickers.


I used silver ink to stamp the sentiment inside.  I thought the front was too busy to add words as well.

What do you think?

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment