Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birthday Card with Button Brads

Hey all! Sorry it has been a while since I've posted - haven't had too much time to craft in the last week.  Last night I made this birthday card for my FMIL (future mother-in-law) whose birthday is tomorrow.  I wanted it to be fairly simple, but my fiance had seen the inside sentiment online and we had to add it in!

Materials needed:
Base Card
Brown Kraft Cardstock
Yellow and white twine
Patterned Ribbon
Pebbles Inc. Chalk
Foam pop-up squares
Glue Glider Pro
Edge Rounder
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Kassie's Brocade Embossing folde
Inkjet printer and tape.
Cricut Cartridges: Cricut Classic Font (Rectangles and Circle), Lacy Labels (inside)


I used my Gypsy to put the circled inside of the rectangle before cutting.  I then chalked all the edges and ran the smaller rectangle through my Cuttlebug.  I used my GlueGlider to attach the larger rectangle to the pre-made card base.


I used an assortment of sizes and colors of brads from the same set on the leftover circle.  I attached it to the card base using Terrifically Tacky tape.  I used the GlueGlider to add the decorative ribbon and just tied the twine around a few times before finishing it in a bow.


I attached the rectangle situating it over the circle with pop-up squares to give it dimension.


After cutting out this shape I taped it to a piece of paper and ran it through my inkjet printer to add the sentiment.  I then chalked the edges and attached it with pop-up squares.

What do you think?
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment