Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Engagement Photo Layout - Recipe Challenge

Hey all! Wow - it has been quite a while since I have posted anything - I have had a hard time finding the time to craft! I am about to post a lot of projects in a row - I have been crafting like crazy for the Cricut Circle Blogiversary Challenges!  The rules for this challenge: Use your Cricut machines to create a project using the following “recipe.” It must contain 1) A Title; 2) At least 2 Cricut Cuts, and 3) Atleast 3 buttons. 

Materials needed:
Papers: Blush Pink, Bright Pink, Patterned Silver/White, Black, White, Patterned Gray/Black
3 buttons
Twine
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Regular Tape
Pop-Up squares
Glue
Cricut Markers
Inkjet Printer
Cricut Cartridges:   Lyrical Letters (Rounded Rectangle), Cricut Classic Font (Rectangles, hearts) , Elegant Edges (Scallop), Damask Decor (Drawing), Songbird (Lucky in Love)

I used the recipe to make a layout from my engagement photo session last November.  I used the Cricut Markers to draw on the image to the blush pink background paper - most of it is covered up, but I like the detail it gives the top right corner.


I cut these hearts from both colors and used pop-up squares to attach them to each other and to the layout to add some dimension.


I used my Gypsy to weld together the letters from Songbird to create my title - "Lucky in Love".  It is a play off the day - we lucked out on finding our photographer for the engagement session (which took place on the beach in LA) - he is someone we won't be using for the wedding (since they are happening in different states) so we didn't really research him and just got lucky that our photos turned out so well!


I used my printer to add this journal about the day - just a little bit that will make us look back and laugh one day!


I also added some pink and white twine by wrapping it around the journal and taping it on the back,  I then added 3 buttons with Terrifically Tacky Tape.  

What do you think?

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment