Saturday, August 27, 2011

Glitter Clothespin Magnets

Hey all! Today I have a VERY simple craft that I made after seeing the idea on Pinterest (again, it's addicting - you should go try it and follow me!)

Materials needed for this project:
Clothespins
Magnets
Scrapbook Paper (Mine is glittery)
Scissors
ModPodge and small paint brush
Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
Spray Acrylic Sealer


Sorry I don't have photos of the process, but you start by tracing your clothespin onto the back of your paper and cutting out the rectangle.  Use the paintbrush to apply ModPodge onto the clothespin and attach the paper rectangle. 


Once it is dry - use a sealer (I mainly did this so the glitter wouldn't get anywhere) to seal the paper on.  Flip over your clothespins and add a dot of hot glue then place your magnet on top of it.  Press down on the magnet and make sure it is on well.


The finished product is not only a magnet, but it actually holds your papers in the clip too :) What do you think?

I also wanted to let you all know that I will be participating in my very first Blog Hop on September 1st.  You can find all the details on it from our host, Stephanie at Once Upon a Paper.  She is celebrating her Blog's First Birthday with this Blog Hop and is having a week's worth of giveaways!
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment