Monday, July 11, 2011

Home Decor Signs

Hey everybody! Wow - it has been a while - after being on vacation and being sick for a while I haven't been able to do any crafting.  This weekend I got together with my best friend, Emilee, and we made some home decor signs - I only have photos of the one for my home, but we made one for her and one for another friend.  We are all getting married within the next year and thought these would be great to hang up at home!


This photo is the first step after sanding the base - I painted it an off white color.


Sorry - I can't get this photo to flip.  This is after I applied a wood crackling layer - we wanted them to have an antiqued look.  I also painted over that layer with a different color paint and then finished it with varnish.


Here is the finished project - which I painted varnish over it again after applying the Cricut vinyl.  Hope you like it!

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment