Saturday, July 23, 2011

Medallion Birthday Card

I made this birthday card yesterday - saw a similar one in a magazine and wanted to try my hand at it.  It was fairly easy, but once I got done I realized that the medallion isn't really centered - I will probably make this one again anyways!

Materials needed for this project:
Card stock in white, blue, and 3 different double sided patterned papers.
Ink in pink.
"Happy Birthday" stamp.
Glue, Terrifically Tacky Tape - 1/8", and staples
Button
Twine
Cricut Carts - Jasmine (background, white square, and rectangles), Cricut Classic Font (circles).



To make the medallion, cut (or punch if you have one) squares (mine are 1.5").  Then you have to fold each into a cone and staple the end.  Add Tacky Tape to the card and arrange the cones around it.  The close up of the medallion:


Run the twine through your button.  Add more Tacky Tape on the top center of the medallion and add the button.  Here is the button detail:


Cut off the top of each circle and glue them down.  Run a line of Tacky Tape down - you should place it so that once you glue down the paper rectangle you still have half of it showing.  Glue down the rectangle and add the twine on the Tacky Tape that is sticking out.  Stamp your sentiment.




Hope you all like this card!

Carla

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really neat! I am going to give this a try. Wish me luck! I am going to need it.

    I am following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Post or message me if you have any questions about how to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The idea is great and the colors are great too. Very festive for a Birthday or any other happy occasion. I'm going to try to follow your blog too but I'm new to following so???? But I'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on the Cricut MB and had to drop by and let you know how much I love it! This is just gorgeous and the colors are wonderful! Just became a new follower and look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    http://nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutley gorgeous. This is my favorite card I've seen for the month. The colors you picked are perfect. I might have to try this one. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete