Sunday, July 31, 2011

Keep Calm and Carry On Card

I bought this stamp a few weeks ago and could not wait any longer to make something with it! It is one of my favorite sayings and is also loved by a few of my friends, so I made a very simple card with it for a friend.

Materials needed for this project:
Card stock in cream, patterned purple, patterned blue.
"Keep Calm and Carry On" stamp (got mine at Michael's) and purple ink.
Pebbles. Inc Chalks
Edge Distresser
Glue and pop-up squares
i Rock and Jewels
Cricut Carts - Jasmine (Rectangles).



I cut out each of the rectangles leaving a half inch on each side of the layers (except for the base layer).  I then chalked and distressed all the edges.


I used purple (my favorite color) ink to stamp on the sentiment.


I added a few jewels with the i rock tool and smallest crystal stones.  I didn't want to overpower the card, but I did want to give it a little sparkle.


I used regular glue to attach the rectangles together, then I used the pop up squares to attach them all to the card.

What do you think of this card?

Carla

2 comments:

  1. Cute card, Carla! Thats a great saying. Hey I wanted to let you know to check out the blog, MyCraftChannel, there giving away a Cricut Expressions. Thought you could enter too.

    ReplyDelete