Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fathers Day Card for my Future Father In Law

So this is my first year of having two people to call "dad" - it has been a little weird to get used to, but I really wanted to make Will's dad a father's day card to show that I'm working hard on being a part of their family!

I actually used this photo from the Cricut Circle Blog as my inspiration and "scrap lifted" it to a new card!


At Will's instruction I was to try to use John Deere green and yellow - since his dad grew up on a farm and his grandfather still lives on that same farm!  I bought a pack of masculine paper from Michael's the other day just hoping to find something in it to use for these father's day cards - the background is from it, but my favorite find was the denim patterned paper - it made the perfect pocket for the tools!  Here's the front of the card I made:  


And I carried the yellow and green to the inside with this sentiment:


The carts I used for this project:
Boys Will Be Boys (tools, gears)
Lacy Labels (stamps on here)
Cricut Classic Fonts & Jasmine (welded a triangle for CCF and Rectangle from Jasmine to get the pocket)

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment