Monday, June 20, 2011

Get Well Card made with my new Scrappy Moms Stamp Set

I decided to make this card last week to cheer up my fiance's 91 year-old grandfather who is in the hospital.  He means the world to me and I just want to put a little smile on his face.  I saw a similar card and tried to make my version of the card, but couldn't find the sentiment at any stores.  I attempted to make it on my own but it came out so horrible, I would NEVER put my name on it.  Then I found Scrappy Moms Stamps with the right sentiment so when my order came in today - this is what I made!

Materials needed for this project:
Card stock in white, blue, gray, black, and yellow.
Ink in blue, green, and gray.
Scrappy Moms Stamps in "Sweet Somethings"
Chalk in blue.
Embossing powder in yellow glitter and clear and embossing heat tool.
Glue and Square Pop Up Stickers.
Cricut Carts - April Showers (umbrella, rain boots), Paper Lace (background), Jasmine (solid blue background), Indie Art (cloud), and Lacy Labels (inside sentiment).


Here you can see that I inked the white background to look like the outside - I chose to ink the middle gray since it is supposed to be "raining".


I heat embossed the already yellow boots with yellow glitter and attached them to their black shadows with pop up squares.


I did the same thing for the umbrella, but I also used clear embossing powder on the umbrella handle.  


I inked the edges of the gray cloud and then stamped the sentiment in the same blue as the background.  I then used small square pop up stickers to attach the cloud to the background. 


I inked the cut out here and then stamped the sentiment and glued it inside the card.

Hope you like it!

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment