Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Birthday Card - Monochromatic Scheme Challenge

Another project for the Cricut Circle Blogiversary Challenge Series! I decided to make this one for my sister's birthday (which is amazingly months away still!) The Challenge: Create a project of your choice using a monochromatic color scheme. Your project must include atleast 2 different Cricut Image Cuts.

Materials needed:
Base Card (or white paper and cut your own)
5 different shades (or patterns) of 1 color paper
Buttons in 2 sizes
Twine in 2 colors
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Stamp
Ink (I used chalk ink)
Glue
Cricut Cartridges:  Cricut Classic Font (Rectangles), Elegant Edges (Sentiment)



I started by finding all of these wonderful papers, then cutting them all! I glued everything together but the light colored paper.


I fed the twine through each button doubling it up.


I then inked on the sentiment of "Have a Great Birthday!" and glued on this piece.


Lastly I attached the buttons with Terrifically Tacky Tape (I have found that it works best for adding buttons) and then it was all done!

This card was SO simple, but I like the outcome - What do you think?

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment