Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Home Decor

Hey all! I actually made this project last week, but after having surgery I'm just now getting around to posting it!  I made a little Halloween Home Decor Project for the Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge. The Challenge: Create a Halloween Home Decor project! Your project must include atleast 2 different Cricut Image Cuts.

I made it into a whole little corner on the bar in my apartment complete with some decorations my FMIL sent me in a Halloween goody box!

Materials needed:
Papers: Chipboard
Paints: Black, Martha Stewart Glitter Purple and Martha Stewart Glitter Orange
Paint Brushes
Pop-Up Stickers
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Craft Pumpkins (bought mine at Michael's for half off)
Cricut Cartridges: Storybook (Letters)



I started by cutting the letters for "BOO" in both shadow and regular features.


I then painted all the letters black.  Once they were dry I added the purple paint on the shadow letters and the orange paint on the regular ones.


I used the Pop-Up Squares to attach the letters to each other.


I then used the hot glue gun to add them to the pumpkins!

Some up close pictures:




For these guys I just ran a piece of orange paper through a shredder!


I am happy with how it came out - and once Halloween is over I will be able to pack it all up and use it again next year since the pumpkins are fake!

What do you think?

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment