Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thinking of Ewe - Sketch Challenge

This is the final project I made for the Cricut Circle Blogiversary Challenge Series.  I decided to use it to make another card for my fiance's grandfather - we visited him a few weeks ago and he had my other cards hanging up in his room to show off.  I wanted to make another to bring him some happiness - letting him know we are thinking of him.  The Challenge: Create a project of your choice using the sketch below. Your project must include atleast 2 different Cricut Image Cuts.

Materials needed:
Base Card (or white paper and cut your own)
Papers: Shiny Blue, Pre-embossed blue, Blue and White Dots, Orange, Yellow, White, Black
Pebbles Inc. Chalk - orange and gray
3 buttons
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Pop-Up Stickers
Inkjet Printer
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Folders: D'Vine Swirl
Cricut Cartridges:  Cricut Classic Font (Rectangles, Circle), Just Because Cards (Sheep, Sun)


Here is the sketch I had to use for this challenge - pretty simple!


After cutting all the pieces - I attached the main rectangle to a pre-made card base.


I used an inkjet printer to make the sentiment on this card - I jammed up my printer 4 times before I got it to work!


After gluing together the sun piece I used my Cuttlebug and D'Vine Swirls folder to emboss it.


I used Terrifically Tacky Tape to add the 3 buttons.


I chalked the edges of the yellow circle and the edges of the sheep.  I added the sheep with pop-up stickers and glued the circle down to the card.


I hope it brings a smile to his face - what do you think?

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment