Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card - Cuttlebug Challenge

This is the next project I created for the Cricut Circle Blogiversary Challenges.  This is a birthday card for my dad that I tried to make masculine - it is difficult sometimes! The Challenge: Create a project of your choice using your Cuttlebug machine as the main focus. Your project must include atleast 2 different Cricut Image Cuts.


Materials needed:
Base Card (or white paper and cut your own)
Brown Kraft Cardstock, Navy blue Cardstock, Gold Cardstock, Wood Patterned Paper
Pebbles Inc. Chalk - brown
Glue Glider Pro
Glue
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Folders: Kassie's Brocade, D'Vine Swirl, Swiss Dots
Cricut Cartridges:  Cricut Classic Font (Rectangles), Elegant Edges (Bottom of Blue Rectangle), Home Decor (Stars)


This is the card as a whole - I embossed the main card with the Swiss Dots folder.


After cutting this rectangle I embossed it with Kate's Brocade and then attached it with glue.


I used my Gypsy to weld together a rectangle and the other shape to make the navy piece you see.  After cutting it I embossed it with D'Vine Swirl and attached it with glue.  I then glued the stars on top.


I inked to edges of this oval and stamped on the "Happy Birthday!" then glued it on last.

What do you think?

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment