Friday, October 14, 2011

"Our Stories" Layout - Circle Challenge

Hey all! I made this layout today for the Cricle Circle Magazine Challenge.  This is a layout I have been meaning to make for a while, it is going in my engagement/wedding planning scrapbook and has the story of how me and my fiance met - from each of our perspectives! It is so funny how we see things (and remember things) differently! Contest Rules: Use any Echo Park Collection and at least 4 Cricut Cuts from your favorite cartridge in your design.

Materials needed:
Papers: Echo Park Victoria Garden Collection: Garden Gate, Sunshine, Botanical Ballad, and Journaling Cards
4 buttons
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Pop-Up Stickers
Glue
Twine
Inkjet Printer
Cricut Cartridges: Sweethearts (Corners, His & Hers), Lyrical Letters (Rectangles)


I had a hard time with putting no pictures on this layout, but I chose to use papers that were heavily patterned to try to offset that.


I cut out the rectangles for my paragraphs and used their dimensions to dictate how much writing I could do.  I printed the paragraphs then taped the rectangle on the right spot and ran the same page through the printer.


I added some twine and buttons for embellishment before gluing them to the larger rectangles so they will stand out.


I used pop up stickers to add the title "His and Hers" which I thought was cute and appropriate for the page!


I played with the idea of popping the corner details as well, but my fiance wanted me to glue them straight down so I did.  I love the delicate details on them!

What do you think?

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment